Another Twitter posting tool
Posted by brvanlanen
A lot of people request that ScribeFire be updated so that it can post to Twitter, since ScribeFire is a blogging tool and Twitter is a micro-blog. I don’t have any immediate plans to add this feature, since there is another Firefox add-on that satisfies this need in a way that complements ScribeFire.
It’s called TwitterBar, and it’s another one of my projects. It lets you tweet and post links to Twitter directly from your browser’s address bar: Just type your message in the address bar and then type –post (no need to press Return), or click on the Twitter icon at the end of the address bar to post it to Twitter.
If you want to use Twitter to share links to your blog posts, just publish your post as you normally do with ScribeFire, open your post after it’s published, and click on the Twitter icon in the address bar. It will post a link to your blog post on Twitter, and you can even tell TwitterBar to include the title of your post as well.
Reviews are so-so on this one. The main issue appears to be the inability to switch between multiple Twitter accounts. Still sounds worth checking out.
Related articles by Zemanta
- TwitterBar x OneRiot (oneriot.com)
- ScribbleLive- No Hassle Blog For Live Blogging (makeuseof.com)
- fireup your blogging using scribefire (transitionweb.blogspot.com)
- Zemanta is now integrated with ScribFire Blog Editor (zemanta.com)
- TwitterBar – post to twitter from your FireFox address bar (twi5.com)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Delicious (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About brvanlanenJust a thirty-something guy currently hanging it up in the greater Green Bay area. My post-high school educational background is mainly in the Information Technology field. Specifically I have an A.A.S. in Computer Network Systems and a B.S. in Information Systems Security, both from ITT Technical Institute, in addition to A and MCDST certifications. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family, cooking and sports. My Christian faith is also important to me as a Missouri-Synod Lutheran and all my children attend a Lutheran grade school. When it comes to political leanings I am a conservative first and foremost which you will discover rather quickly. As for sports I am a huge fan of the Green Bay Packers.
Posted on June 22, 2009, in Blogging, Social Networking, Technology News, Twitter and tagged Address bar, Blog, Browser, Firefox, Micro-blogging, Mozilla Firefox, ScribeFire, Twitter. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Another Twitter posting tool.
Comments are closed.