Foursquare: That was a bummer
Posted by brvanlanen
Yesterday, we experienced a very long downtime. All told, we were down for about 11 hours, which is unacceptably long. It sucked for everyone (including our team – we all check in everyday, too). We know how frustrating this was for all of you because many of you told us how much you’ve come to rely on foursquare when you’re out and about. For the 32 of us working here, that’s quite humbling. We’re really sorry.
This blog post is a bit technical. It has the details of what happened, and what we’re doing to make sure it doesn’t happen again in the future. (Source: FourSquare Blog)
Go to the source to read the rest. Kudos to FourSquare for sharing what happened and what precautions they are taking to prevent it from happening again.
Powered by ScribeFire.
- Foursquare explains yesterday’s downtime, launches new status website (thenextweb.com)
- Foursquare Offers Very Technical Explanation for Yesterday’s Very Long Downtime (readwriteweb.com)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Delicious (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About brvanlanenJust a thirty-something guy currently hanging it up in the greater Green Bay area. My post-high school educational background is mainly in the Information Technology field. Specifically I have an A.A.S. in Computer Network Systems and a B.S. in Information Systems Security, both from ITT Technical Institute, in addition to A and MCDST certifications. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family, cooking and sports. My Christian faith is also important to me as a Missouri-Synod Lutheran and all my children attend a Lutheran grade school. When it comes to political leanings I am a conservative first and foremost which you will discover rather quickly. As for sports I am a huge fan of the Green Bay Packers.
Posted on October 7, 2010, in FourSquare, Social Media, Social Networking, Technology and tagged Foursquare Solutions, Posts By State, Social network service, United States. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Foursquare: That was a bummer.
Comments are closed.