Easy Ways To Remove Windows Bloat
Posted by brvanlanen
Bloat. It’s something that constantly needs to be dealt with on a Windows-based computer. Unless you want it to run slow. For some savvy computer users it may be an option to just re-format the hard drive and start from scratch with a fresh OS. But for most that isn’t a convenient option.
Here are a couple easy ways to take care of that Windows bloat that invades after just a few weeks.
A lot of these apps and methods highlighted do pretty serious things to your computer, so I hope it goes without saying that you should have a full bootable system backup before attempting any of them. You have been warned!
Remove Windows Features You Don’t Need
Windows is a massive operating system, with an array of features and processes that the majority of us simply don’t need. Luckily, Windows makes it relatively easy to turn features on and off.
Just go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn Windows Features On or Off.
Uninstall Old Apps
This might seem obvious, but uninstalling apps we no longer use is a sin that can pass even the best of us by sometimes. Head to Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program and see what useless apps are lurking within.
Go to the source to learn more ways to “speed up” your computer by removing the dreaded Windows bloat. You’ll also find some alternative tools for uninstalling applications.
- How To Completely Uninstall Software From Your Computer (savagenomads.net)
- IOBit Uninstaller: A Portable Handy Tool to Completely Remove Unwanted Programs (maketecheasier.com)
- Tutorial: More hidden Windows tips tricks and shortcuts (techradar.com)
- How to Prevent Windows 7 From Using So Much Memory (maketecheasier.com)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Delicious (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About brvanlanenJust a thirty-something guy currently hanging it up in the greater Green Bay area. My post-high school educational background is mainly in the Information Technology field. Specifically I have an A.A.S. in Computer Network Systems and a B.S. in Information Systems Security, both from ITT Technical Institute, in addition to A and MCDST certifications. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family, cooking and sports. My Christian faith is also important to me as a Missouri-Synod Lutheran and all my children attend a Lutheran grade school. When it comes to political leanings I am a conservative first and foremost which you will discover rather quickly. As for sports I am a huge fan of the Green Bay Packers.
Posted on November 26, 2011, in IT Support, Microsoft, PC, Tech Tips, Windows, Windows 7 and tagged Control Panel, Hard disk drive, Microsoft Windows, Operating system, Uninstaller, Windows. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Easy Ways To Remove Windows Bloat.
Comments are closed.