Facebook Changed Your Email
Posted by brvanlanen
Remember long, long ago, when Facebook launched a Facebook email system and then nobody used it? That’s fine—it was always just an option you were more than welcome to completely ignore. And we did, because we already had Gmail and work inboxes, and didn’t need yet another. If our friends wanted to email us, they could just head to our profiles and have options.
Not today! If you go to your profile (or anyone else’s), you’ll see the @facebook.com email account listed—which just forwards to your Facebook messages inbox—and none of your others. They’ve all been hidden in a ham-handed attempt to make the Facebook inbox relevant.
Luckily it’s easy to change it back.
Go to your Timeline. Click about, under your contact info. Scroll down to “Contact Info” and hit edit. Switch all of the crossed out circle symbols to a full circle for each inbox you want visible on your profile. If you don’t want @facebook.com to show up, switch it from a full circle (“Shown on Timeline”) to crossed out (“Hidden from Timeline”).
And just hit “Save” when you’re done.
- Facebook faces backlash over change to users’ email addresses (vancouversun.com)
- Facebook draws user ire with email switcheroo (bostonherald.com)
- Facebook Hides Your Email Address Leaving Only @Facebook.com Visible. Undo This Poppycock Now (techcrunch.com)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Delicious (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About brvanlanenJust a thirty-something guy currently hanging it up in the greater Green Bay area. My post-high school educational background is mainly in the Information Technology field. Specifically I have an A.A.S. in Computer Network Systems and a B.S. in Information Systems Security, both from ITT Technical Institute, in addition to A and MCDST certifications. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family, cooking and sports. My Christian faith is also important to me as a Missouri-Synod Lutheran and all my children attend a Lutheran grade school. When it comes to political leanings I am a conservative first and foremost which you will discover rather quickly. As for sports I am a huge fan of the Green Bay Packers.
Posted on June 27, 2012, in Facebook, Social Media, Social Networking and tagged Email address, Facebook, Facebook features, Social network, Timeline. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Facebook Changed Your Email.
Comments are closed.