Category Archives: Disaster Recovery
As we’ve seen in recent years, natural disasters can lead to long-term downtime for organizations. Because earthquakes, hurricanes, snow storms, or other events can put data centers and other corporate facilities out of commission for a while, it’s vital that companies have in place a comprehensive disaster recovery plan.
Disaster recovery (DR) is a subset of business continuity (BC), and like BC, it’s being influenced by some of the key trends in the IT industry, foremost among them:
- Cloud services
- Server and desktop virtualization
- The proliferation of mobile devices in the workforce
- The growing popularity of social networking as a business tool
These trends are forcing many organizations to rethink how they plan, test, and execute their DR strategies. CSO previously looked at how these trends are specifically affecting IT business continuity; as with BC, much of the impact they are having on DR is for the better. Still, IT and security executives need to consider how these developments can best be leveraged so that they improve, rather than complicate, DR efforts.
Head over to the source and see how IT disaster recovery is being impacted by each of the four.
- 33 Cloud Service Providers Join Zerto Cloud Disaster Recovery Ecosystem (sys-con.com)
- Symantec and Microsoft team for disaster-recovery service (techworld.com.au)
- Colocation’s role in Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity (cashzilla.wordpress.com)